Phi Beta Delta
Admitted to ACHS: 2013
No of Active Chapters: 78
No of Alumni Chapters/Clubs: 1
Total Membership: 6025
Annual/current Membership: 1020
Number of Regions: 5
Publications: International Research and Review: Journal of Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars, Medallion Newsletter, Medallion E-Newsletter
PURPOSE: Phi Beta Delta is the first honor society dedicated to recognizing scholarly achievement in international education.
- to recognize the scholarly achievement of international students and scholars, U.S. students who have studies abroad, and faculty and staff who are involved in international activities;
- to advance the development of academic based international programming;
- and to cultivate a network on each campus for faculty, staff, and international students involved in international endeavors.
ELIGIBILITY: Criteria for eligibility of election to membership by an institutional chapter shall be determined by that chapter and with the provision that undergraduate student members must have achieved a minimum 3.2 grade point average (GPA) and rank in the top 20% of their class; graduate students must have achieved a GPA of 3.5. For schools that use a different grade point average system, the school must verify that their candidates for Phi Beta Delta meet a GPA standard equivalent to that specified in this Section.
- Awarding scholarships to students, faculty, and staff.
- Publishing the peer reviewed journal International Research and Review and proceedings.
- Hosting an annual conference on international education and scholarship.
- Issuing the e-Newsletter and Medallion on a regular basis.
- Having local chapters host an induction ceremony at least once a year.
- Having local chapters host a variety of events and activities.
- Promoting global awareness and civic engagement initiatives.
OFFICIAL CONTACT: Dr. Rueyling Chuang, Executive Director & CEO, California State University, San Bernadino, AD 148 & 150, 5500 University Parkway, San Bernadino, CA 92407
Tel: (909) 537-3250 Fax: (909) 537-7458
Email: [email protected]; [email protected]